Study Abroad China: Studentsí Comments
Why are you interested in study abroad in China?
- I had been learning how the Chinese economy was influencing the United States and I wanted to experience the Chinese culture.
- I liked the opportunity to see a completely different culture from our own. I also liked the idea of seeing a country that was growing so rapidly that many people expect it to be the next world power.
- I wanted to study abroad for school. I thought I would go to China because I would less likely choose to travel there on my own after school.
What is the most impressive activity in this study abroad course?
- Interaction with China Agriculture University students. These experiences are priceless, and my friendship with the students is still very strong to this day.
- I really enjoy seeing the Great Wall. It was mind blowing. I also really like the seeing the three gorges. It was absolutely gorgeous! Of course all the history was amazing to hear as well.
- One of the most impressive activities was taking the cruise which led us to see the dam.
- I really enjoyed the site-seeing part of the trip, but I think the most impressive part was visiting the various businesses and seeing how they were growing.
- The trip as a whole. It was fun, exciting and very educational. I especially enjoyed viewing the ancient culture.
- Shopping, conversing with new people, seeing all of the old buildings and Olympic sites, going to plays and dances, great wall, cruise and Three Gorges Dam.
- Visiting the farms in Xian and the stock exchange in Shanghai.