The 4th World Conference of the Spatial
Econometrics Association (SEA) has the objective to
bring together economists, econometricians and regional
scientists to discuss the present achievements and
future challenges and opportunities in spatial data analysis. The conference is organized by the Space, Health and Population Economics (SHaPE) group of the Department of Agricultural Economics at Purdue University.
The conference will take place from June 9–12, 2010 in the Courtyard Magnificent Mile Downtown Chicago hotel in Chicago, Illinois.
Important highlights of the conference are:
• Keynote speech Anil K. Bera
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, "Spatial Analysis: From Times of Cholera to Crimes in Columbus"
• Keynote speech Timothy G. Conley
University of Chicago, "Cluster Estimators in Spatial Data Analysis"
• Graduate student paper competition sponsored by SEA
• Panel discussion on teaching spatial econometrics spearheaded by Giuseppe Arbia, Donald Lacombe and Nicolas Debarsy
• Spatial software demonstration
Plenary session with demonstrations of Matlab, Stata, R(spdep) and more featuring James LeSage, David Drukker, and Roger Bivand
• Publishing opportunity in a special issue of the International Regional Science Review
the conference brochure